Activewear for Activists!
Cleaning up the oceans and empowering women entrepreneurs around the world.
Our journey begins in collaboration with Healthyseas.org, an NGO that collects ghost fishing nets from the oceans and protects its biodiversity.
The fabric technology used in all our garments is developed by Econyl.com that processes the nets and post-consumer waste into a regenerated yarn. The result is a high-quality, durable material that is twice as strong. Also, we do not send packages by priority mail to keep a low environmental footprint.
Design ~ GymToSwim®
Designed according to slow fashion principles, all our pieces are versatile, affordable and easily combined since they are produced as a capsule collection. The prints are exclusive, created and kindly donated by Sarah Arnett, a local decorative artist. Our garments are:
- Super comfortable
- Fully opaque
- Chlorine and salt water-resistant, with long term shape retention and UPF 50+ Protection
- PETA-Approved Vegan and Oeko-Tex certified.
RubyMoon has certified its product to use 42% fewer carbon emissions when compared with similar products.
With a transparent supply chain, manufactured ethically and safely in the UK & Spain, the distribution is managed by bagsofsupport.co.uk a charity employing working mothers. Our GymToSwim® pieces are sent to you in 100% recycled and biodegradable mailing bags.
Women in developing countries are the most disadvantaged without financial services for females. Gender inequality promotes poverty: 60% of chronically hungry people are women & girls. According to the United Nations, when women are able to gain incomes, money is more likely to be spent on nutrition, housing and education, consequently, children and communities thrive.
By investing 100% of our profits in business loans for women, financial independence is allowed, leading women and their families to a brighter future.
We collaborate with LendwithCare.org to provide loans and business training to female entrepreneurs, enabling them to break generational cycles of poverty and so far we have invested in over 1000 women and their families. All our garments are named after the inspiring women we support and all their incredible stories that are shared here.
Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations
Our responsibility goes beyond legal and regulatory requirements. Sustainability is at the heart of our DNA, it is our guiding principle for innovation and growth.
RubyMoon is a registered Community Interest Company and has integrated all of the 17 UN’s SDGs into our business structure and operating methods, read more here about how RubyMoon & the SDG goals.
As the world’s only not-for-profit swim and activewear brand, we are committed to a circular economy business model, a restorative approach in each step:
- Clean oceans by using regenerated waste.
- Slow design producing multifunctional activewear and swimwear.
- We use digital and certified printing methods to allow efficient use of ink and fabric.
- Zero waste approach by using packaging or tags only when strictly necessary.
- We re-claim used swimwear and other stretch fabrics to re-use. Help us close the loop and send us your unused stretch items to get 5% off on your next RubyMoon piece. Send us your polyamide/lycra items to 8 Dean Street, Brighton BN13EG for upcycling.
- We convert the net profits into business loans for disadvantaged female entrepreneurs.
- Once the money is returned, we reinvest it in production so that we can keep our excellent standards and empower more women.
Sustainable Fashion as a force for Good
By making durable products in ethical and environmentally safe conditions by women for women, fashion becomes a force for good.
We carefully select suppliers and stakeholders so that we all follow the same standards and share the same vision.
When you buy our products you are voting for a better world, you are driving social progress. Together, we keep our planet and its people healthy and happy.
Every single piece of clothing we sell saves turtles, seals, and dolphins.
Every single purchase empowers at least one woman.
Every single item sold changes a life for good.
Choose your impactful gear!